Friday, October 15, 2004

Mint plants on the windowsill

It's amazing how gardening feeds the soul. Two weeks ago I planted some mint seeds in some flower pots on my kitchen windowsill. This morning my mint began to sprout. Not only did they sprout, but they all lean in unison towards the window. The beauty of those little green leaves basking in the morning sun made my heart happy. Soon I will have plants full of mint leaves waiting to be made into mojitos for my friends. Or mint tea for a rainy day, when the steaming mug will bring you back to those warm sunny days with the slight cool breeze.

Try this ridiculously easy recipe for homemade mint tea:

Mint Tea

1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
2 cups boiling water

Place mint leaves in a small teapot, pour in boiling water. Cover and let steep 5 minutes.

Pour through sieve into mugs. Enjoy!

Serves 2

Or add a sprig of mint to your glass of water at work!

No comments: