Friday, October 15, 2004

An intro to La Vita Bella

This is my first entry. My hope for this sight is that I can share some of the joy and passion that I have discovered recently. After graduating from college, life seems to take a strange turn (or series of turns). One is not supposed to simply find a job, but also to immediately grow up, become an adult, and become financially stable. However, amidst my attempts to achieve the following, I found a side of myself I barely knew existed: a domestic creativity. As an economics major who always thought I would become some financial planner or actuary, I daily find myself desiring the simpler things in life. Ok, so Martha Stewart made all of this popular. She also made it commercial. I don't want to buy the $16 jar of marmalade which supposedly reflects a simpler life. I want to make that marmalade! That is what the simpler life is! It is not something you can buy in a specialty shop. It is something you can discover daily. You don't have to be wealthy to discover la vita bella! You don't have to live on acreage, either! Simply take a little time each day to do the things you love.

1 comment:

Scotty V. said...

that's beautiful.