Thursday, March 10, 2005

My Traffic Cloud

I truly believe that I have my own personal traffic cloud. A cloud of traffic that surrounds me and follows me everywhere I go. And if it's not traffic, it's something that is keeping me from where I am trying to go.

Today I was at Pepperdine (ahem) visiting Adrian. I was thrilled to receive a small blessing in the form of a visitor's token to Smother's parking lot. And let me tell you, that coin is worth it's weight in gold. Unless, like today, there are absolutely no parking spaces left. So you can imagine my elation when I found the very first space outside of the lot available--with just enough room before the red curb to fit my truck ("Rojo"). Just to make sure I was legal, I pulled up close to the Mini parked in front of me (checking first, of course, to make sure he had plenty of room ahead of him to get out) and gleefully jumped out of my car and hurried to meet my dear friend.

And my little cloud followed me even to Adrian's cubicle! Upon leaving, I was shocked to discover a large black Range Rover bumper-kissing Rojo! And parked in the red zone, no less! I walked around my truck, evaluated the situation, and came to the horrible realization that it was physically impossible for me to get out of the parking spot. Forty minutes and a call to Public Safety later, a blond girl on her cell phone came prancing over and said "Oh! Is that your truck?" Ummm, YES! She got into her car and Adrian had a few words with her when, to make matters worse, she lied and said the Mini was not there when she parked so close to Rojo! I'm sorry?!

Needless to say, my little traffic cloud is still following me, regardless of my continual threats, complaints and tears. Perhaps he is just lonely.

No comments: