Wednesday, April 13, 2005

My Mint and some Mojitos

It is that week again, that one time a month when TND is at my house. To keep with my previous posts, I have decided to BBQ. Tonight the menu is grilled coconut-lime shrimp with spicy mango salsa, coconut rice, grilled pineapple, and, of course, mojitos.

Those tiny seeds I planted and watched sprout on my windowsill back in October are now full-grown mint plants. They will be center-stage tonight, no longer happily basking in the morning sun. Instead, they will be enjoying the spotlight as they dazzle the crowd with their breathtaking emerald gowns and their one-of-a-kind perfumes.

What a perfect excuse to enjoy good conversation with great friends.

Mojitos

1 teaspoon superfine sugar
2 springs fresh mint
Squeeze fresh lime juice
2 ounces light rum
Splash club soda

Muddle sugar, crushed ice, and mint in a tall glass using the back of a spoon. Add the remaining ingredients, mix, and serve.

1 comment:

Stirred said...

Mmmm...I sure do love these Mojitos! When are you going to blog again???? ;)