Thursday, May 11, 2006

24

I think it's time for the clock to slow its ticking. I don't want more seconds in a day. I simply want the seconds to stop their mad hamster wheel sprints at midnight and break for a nice glass of Pinot Noir.

I have no idea how I suddenly arrived here. Two years out of college. Six years out of high school. Two and a half years into marriage. Six years of living in Los Angeles. Seriously people, where was I while all of that time was sneaking by?! Regardless, it has happened, and I am officially 24.

And if my birthday week (yes, I got a whole week this year) is any sign of the year to come, I am elated to be 24. I stumble into this year with the most darling husband, wonderful family, and the very best of friends. Time better relax a little, because I want to savor every minute.

And maybe just one more bite of that sinful cupcake from Malibu Kitchen.

Thank you all for the phone calls, cards and plethora of gifts. I am completely overwhelmed by your thoughtfulness and generosity.

1 comment:

Jake and Katie Tomlin said...

Yeah you finally posted again! The 4 tables was a good idea but I know I am not the only one who misses your personal blog! So excited you are back! Much love!!