Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Blog Day 2005!

Happy Blog Day, everyone! As the number of new blogs continues to grow exponentially, I find it increasingly more difficult to stray from my tried-and-true favorites to discover new ones. I attribute this to the wonderful fact that people are writing about what interests them. And, as we all know, what interests one person does not necessarily interest the next. Ask my husband about cooking or food--the topics which get me out of bed each morning--and he'll give you an exasperated and bored look; a food blog could keep his attention no longer than a guitar blog could keep mine.

So a clever person came up with the idea of Blog Day in an effort to encourage people to share their favorite blogs and introduce their readers to sites they may never have known. For Blog Day, people are to list and link to five other blogs, from other countries or areas of interest. As other bloggers have done, I'm going to bend the rules to my own liking and list two categories of blogs: The Tuesday Night Dinner Club (TND), and My Favorite Reads.

Tuesday Night Dinner Club

A is A. A founding member of TND, Scott is known for his disdain towards recipes and love of improvisation. His writings showcase his intelligence and quirky sense of humor.

Hammy Blog. Also a founding member of TND, Jeff shares his thoughts on life and the often-hilarious mishaps that seem to plague him each day. His writings span from sharing news of a discount on rental cars to beautiful reflections on his recently-past grandpa.

Stirred. My old college roommate, member of TND, and event-planner extraordinaire, Adrian's blog is my own personal Style magazine. From advice on serving that one signature drink at parties, to recipes for delectable and simple oh-so-now casseroles, I look forward to Adrian's musings daily.

My Favorite Reads

deliciousdays. Co-written by a couple in Munich, gorgeous photographs accompany delightful entries about food, restaurants and cooking tools.

il cavoletto di bruxelles. Cenzina lives in Rome. Her entries are in Italian, and I use them practice my quickly-failing language skills and learn all-important cooking terms in Italian.

Fresh Approach. I first met Rachel when she taught a cooking class for TND. She lives in Hollywood and I love her creative spins on ordinary recipes.

Orangette. I know, I know, these are supposed to be newly discovered blogs and Orangette needs no introduction from me. But I can't help it. She's originally from Oklahoma and now lives in Seattle. I love her outsider's view of my beloved city, as she explores and tastes things I only can dream of now.

not martha. Megan also lives in Seattle (all the best do) and dedicates her site to how to make "stuff". Love the title, great photography, and fantastic instructions on how to make anything from a wig for Halloween to your own spa treatments to fantastic homemade gift ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. I'm sure you'd be interested in hard trance about info on hard trance