Thursday, January 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Baby Joe!

Yesterday I received the phone call I've been waiting anxiously for: Baby Joseph is on the way. And I was on my way to becoming an aunt. The excitement built throughout the day as Joseph tried his best to stay inside his warm home. However, much to our delight, and I'm sure much to his chagrin, baby Joseph Parker Griffin IV was born yesterday at 6:03pm. 7 pounds 11 ounces. 21.25 inches. One perfect baby.

I think that the birth of a beautiful nephew is the perfect excuse to break out the special homemade cranberry liquer and make a delicious Cranberry Kir Royale.

Cranberry Kir Royale

12 oz chilled champagne
4 oz Cranberry liqueur

Pour 1 ounce of cranberry liqueur into each champagne flute. Top with 3 ounces champagne each. Makes 4.

Welcome Baby Joe! I can't wait to meet you!

No comments: